2 days ago
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Perspective
You may or you may not know, that I have spent the last week in the hospital following surgery to repair part of my intestines. I am in a room right across from the nurses desk where there is a lot of activity. I have been able to hear and see a few things that have made me think! It's true...I can do that every once in a while. Anyway...I thought I'd share this experience. A couple of nights ago I was so tired, but was having trouble falling asleep. When I finally did, it was about 1 a.m. I woke up to a really loud noise, squealing, some almost goofy sounds. My first thought was that a hospital employee was goofing around. But the noise kept getting louder. I kept thinking to that the sounds were similar to those my handicapped brother makes. As he got closer to my door I was sure it was a handicapped patient. He was literally squealing with delight while he was going on the daily required walk. He just took his at an odd hour. He kept saying "Wheeee.......this is fun!" Followed by many joyful squeals. I could hear his care giver telling him to be more quiet. I found myself just enjoying listening to his joy! I thought...this hospital experience is found in your perspective of things. Most of us don't want to get up and walk because we are in pain or hurting. He had surgery also, but you wouldn't know it. Last night he repeated the same performance only it was much earlier in the evening. This time his phrase was, "Wheee, good times!!" I have learned that his name is David, and he loves "good times". He is currently walking the halls sharing his happiness! There are many people who are irritated, but I for one am enjoying his perspective!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is a really cool way to look at that situation. It's interesting when you look at things from different perspectives. I hope your recovery is going well.
Wow! Neat! Tyler too was up and wanting to walk around (although there was an IV in his foot) the day after surgery. I was amazed! Hope all continues to go well for you and your recovery.
I enjoyed reading your thoughts in this blog. It is uplifting when we are reminded that looking at the positive side of things makes our own life happier than if we focus on the negative. Hope your recovery continues to go well and you can soon be home doing the things you enjoy.
Thanks for this! It reminds me that I need to always try to look for the positive in everything! Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment