It's possible that we should all buy large shares of stock in IHC (Intermountain Health Care). We seem to be frequenting the place! I guess I should expect that with a houseful of boys. I guess I thought as they got older they wouldn't be as wild. Wrong! Last week Carson was skateboarding and he somehow twisted his ankle. He couldn't walk on it for a couple of days so we took him in to make sure that it wasn't broken. It wasn't, just badly bruised and sprained. They put him in a boot and he has to wear it for three weeks. Well, Saturday night was a stake dance and he forgot to wear the boot. He twisted his ankle again, bruised it some more, and has to start the healing process all over again. We didn't take him back in the the Instacare. We could have since we ended up there again that night anyway. Keep reading......
While Carson was at the dance, Brady was at his friend Drew's house. Drew's mom called me and told me that Brady was on his way home and that he had been hurt on the trampoline. He came home with a very bruised up arm. We decided to take him to the Instacare because he plays football and I didn't want him trying to play if he had a broken arm. When I ask Brady how he hurt his arm, he replied, "We were playing Tackle Basketball on the trampoline". I had to laugh. That is a new sport I guess. It's a really dumb thing to do on a trampoline, but also a very 12 year old boy thing to do! They took x-rays of his arm in two places. One is for sure not broken, the other they couldn't tell with the bruising and swelling. Today a specialist will look at his x-rays and we will find out if it's broken or not. They put his arm in a sling until they know for sure. I guess that's no football at least today! The sad thing is that the receptionist remembered our family being in the instacare the week before with Carson. Hopefully with their injuries I can keep them grounded (literally - on the ground) for awhile!
2 days ago
4 comments:
I guess that makes me even more grateful for having a little girl. Good luck to Carson and Brady!!
Oh no...I really thought it would get better as they get older, but I guess they do become even more involved with sports...so then more chances of injuries. Just what I wanted to hear...I have a long way to go until my 3 boys and princess are all grown up...Lets just hope nothing TOO serious happens... :) Glad they are okay!
We don't have to worry about that right now with Cody, and from the looks of it, we might not have to, if Cody still plays with dolls when he is older!!
So, is this what I have to look forward to?
Always interesting to see what your up to aside from church.
Post a Comment